Annual Wellness Visit (AWV)
HRA. ON-SITE VISIT. PREVENTIVE PLAN
This is a Medicare-based program that helps seniors receive a yearly health evaluation and risk assessment from their primary care provider (PCP). The result is a personalized prevention plan for the patient that helps PCPs make choices about future care.
What is a Medicare Annual Wellness Visit?
This important visit, which is fully covered by Medicare, differs from a yearly physical exam. It is a preventive service designed to determine a patient’s health risks and provide information to help keep them in optimal health. It’s important to know that this is not a “typical” visit to the clinic in which the patient is either sick or coming in for a follow-up.
This is a valuable benefit to Medicare eligible beneficiaries and an important step in helping seniors stay as healthy as possible.
- The AWV is covered once every 12 months
- The Eligible patient pays nothing (if provider accepts assignment)
Briye Engage is our full-service solution to provide the Medicare Annual Wellness Visit for the patients of primary care providers and practices. Click Explore to understand the benefits our AWV program.
What are the components of the Medicare Annual Wellness Visit?
According to the CMS guidelines for the Initial Annual Wellness Visit (AWV), the following preventive service should be included:
- Health Risk Assessment (HRA)
- Establish medical and family history
- Establish a list of current providers and suppliers
- Measure at a minimum height, weight, body mass index, and blood pressure
- Detect the presence of any cognitive impairment
- Review potential risk factors for depression
- Review functional ability and level of safety
- Establish an appropriate written screening schedule, such as a checklist for the next 5-10 years
- Establish a list of risk factors and conditions for which interventions are recommended or are underway
- Provide counseling, health advice, and appropriate follow-up recommendations for services and programs
- Furnish, at the beneficiary’s discretion, advanced care planning services.
While subsequent AWVs have slightly fewer requirements, the administrative impact on workflow can cause equal strain for the resources of even the most efficient clinics. Briye can help alleviate that burden through Insourcing. We act as an extension of the clinic team. We are the experts working from the inside to enhance a clinic’s brand by delivering quality care in their name in the form of an AWV – that’s where Briye shines. Click Experience to learn the elements of a Briye Engage AWV program.
Our goal is a simple one, we want to help every senior receive this valuable benefit. Briye has been performing Annual Wellness Visits since 2012. We are honored to have engaged nearly 40,000 patients and completed approximately 30,000 AWVs. Our caring and comprehensive AWV has allowed our Practice Partners to recommend more than 200,000 medically necessary follow-up visits and identify nearly 300,000 health risks - that's a significant impact on access and quality.
Debbie Landers, Chief Executive Officer
Data as of August, 2019
What Makes the Briye Engage AWV Different?
Our signature full-service Medicare Annual Wellness Visit program provides the resources needed for practices to schedule, conduct and document AWVs without clinic interruptions.
From eligibility checks to uploading documentation and everything in-between, we deliver high-performing AWV programs with measurable results. Our process is guided by the Five Pillars of Physician Practice Partnership with benefits for practice bottom-line and patient experience. Click Measure to find out about more of the potential results of the Briye Engage AWV.
Participation in Briye Engage has dramatically enhanced patient experience in our practice. In fact, since we began insourcing our Annual Wellness Visit program, we have achieved a 90% willingness to recommend rating on our patient surveys. The Briye Engage team has truly raised the bar for our service expectations.